One of the most common issues that car owners face is a dead battery. If you own a 2014 Dodge Journey, you might be wondering where the battery is located. In this article, we’ll go over the 2014 Dodge Journey battery location and give you some tips on how to maintain your car battery.
Where is the Battery Located in a 2014 Dodge Journey?
The battery in a 2014 Dodge Journey is located in the engine compartment. To find the battery, open the hood of your car and locate the battery tray on the driver’s side of the engine compartment. The battery itself is located underneath a plastic cover.
How to Replace the Battery in a 2014 Dodge Journey
If you need to replace the battery in your 2014 Dodge Journey, follow these steps:
- Turn off the engine and remove the key from the ignition.
- Open the hood of your car and locate the battery tray on the driver’s side of the engine compartment.
- Remove the plastic cover that is over the battery.
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery first. This is usually a black cable that is attached to the battery with a nut.
- Disconnect the positive cable from the battery. This is usually a red cable that is attached to the battery with a nut.
- Remove the battery from the tray.
- Install the new battery in the tray.
- Connect the positive cable to the battery first.
- Connect the negative cable to the battery.
- Replace the plastic cover over the battery.
- Close the hood of your car.
How to Jump Start a 2014 Dodge Journey
If your car battery is dead and you need to jump start your 2014 Dodge Journey, follow these steps:
- Find a car with a working battery.
- Park the two cars facing each other.
- Turn off both cars and set the parking brakes.
- Open the hood of both cars.
- Attach the positive (red) jumper cable to the positive terminal on the dead battery.
- Attach the other end of the positive jumper cable to the positive terminal on the good battery.
- Attach the negative (black) jumper cable to the negative terminal on the good battery.
- Attach the other end of the negative jumper cable to a metal surface on the engine block of the dead car. Do NOT attach it to the negative terminal of the dead battery.
- Start the car with the good battery and let it run for a few minutes.
- Try to start the car with the dead battery. If it doesn’t start, let it charge for a few more minutes.
- Once the dead car starts, remove the jumper cables in the reverse order that you attached them.
- Drive the car with the recharged battery for at least 30 minutes to ensure that the battery is fully charged.
How to Maintain Your 2014 Dodge Journey Battery
To ensure that your car battery lasts as long as possible, follow these tips:
- Check the battery terminals for corrosion and clean them with a wire brush if necessary.
- Make sure that the battery is securely fastened in the tray.
- Keep the battery clean and free of debris.
- Check the battery voltage regularly with a multimeter.
- If you don’t drive your car often, consider using a battery tender to keep the battery charged.
- Replace your battery every 3-5 years, even if it seems to be working fine.
Now that you know where the battery is located in your 2014 Dodge Journey, you can replace it or jump start your car if necessary. Remember to maintain your battery to ensure that it lasts as long as possible.