Magic: The Gathering (MTG) is a popular collectible card game known for its vast array of cards and strategic gameplay. One of the ways players can enjoy MTG is by building their own decks. The What Was Written set is a particularly popular set for players to build decks from. In this article, we will explore MTG What Was Written Decks, including what they are, how to build them, and some sample deck lists.
What Are MTG What Was Written Decks?
The What Was Written set is a set of cards that was released in 2018 as part of the Dominaria expansion. It features a variety of cards that are based on the story of Dominaria. MTG What Was Written Decks are decks that are built using cards from this set. These decks often focus on a specific theme or strategy, such as control, aggro, or midrange.
How to Build MTG What Was Written Decks
Building a MTG What Was Written Deck can be a fun and rewarding experience, but it can also be challenging. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Choose a theme or strategy: Before you start building your deck, you should decide on a theme or strategy. This will help you choose the right cards and create a cohesive deck. Some popular themes for What Was Written Decks include historic, legends, and spellslinger.
- Choose your colors: MTG is a game that is based on five different colors of magic. Each color has its own strengths and weaknesses, so you should choose the colors that best fit your theme or strategy.
- Choose your cards: Once you have chosen your theme and colors, you can start choosing your cards. Look for cards that fit your theme or strategy and that have synergy with other cards in your deck.
- Balance your deck: A good MTG deck should have a balance of creatures, spells, and lands. Make sure you have enough of each type of card to ensure you have a well-rounded deck.
- Test and adjust: Once you have built your deck, you should test it out against other players. This will help you see what works and what doesn’t, and you can adjust your deck accordingly.
Sample MTG What Was Written Decks
Here are some sample MTG What Was Written Decks to give you an idea of what is possible:
Historic Aggro Deck
This deck focuses on using historic cards to create an aggro deck that can quickly overwhelm your opponent. Some key cards include Danitha Capashen, Paragon, and History of Benalia.
Legends Control Deck
This deck focuses on using legendary creatures and spells to control the board and slowly whittle down your opponent’s life total. Some key cards include Karn, Scion of Urza, Raff Capashen, Ship’s Mage, and Urza’s Ruinous Blast.
Spellslinger Midrange Deck
This deck focuses on using spells to control the board and deal damage to your opponent while also having a strong creature presence. Some key cards include Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain, Wizard’s Lightning, and Zahid, Djinn of the Lamp.
MTG What Was Written Decks can be a fun and rewarding way to play Magic: The Gathering. By choosing a theme or strategy, selecting the right cards, and testing your deck, you can create a strong and competitive deck that will help you win games. Whether you are a new player or a seasoned veteran, building a What Was Written Deck is a great way to expand your MTG experience.