Are you a fan of sweet bread? If so, you should definitely try ojo de buey pan dulce! This Mexican pastry is a delicious treat that’s perfect for any time of day. Keep reading to learn more about this yummy bread and how to make it yourself!
What is Ojo de Buey Pan Dulce?
Ojo de buey pan dulce is a type of Mexican sweet bread that’s often found in local bakeries. It’s a round, soft bread that’s topped with a sugary glaze and colorful sprinkles. The name “ojo de buey” actually means “bullseye” in Spanish, which refers to the circular shape of the bread.
What are the Ingredients?
The ingredients for ojo de buey pan dulce are actually quite simple. You’ll need flour, yeast, sugar, salt, eggs, butter, and milk. Some recipes also call for vanilla extract and orange zest. For the glaze, you’ll need powdered sugar, milk, and food coloring.
How to Make Ojo de Buey Pan Dulce
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try making ojo de buey pan dulce yourself! Here’s a basic recipe to get you started:
- Combine 2 cups of flour, 1 packet of yeast, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan and add 1/2 cup of milk. Heat until the mixture is warm, but not hot.
- Add the melted butter and milk mixture, along with 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon of orange zest, to the dry ingredients. Mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5-10 minutes, or until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a damp cloth. Let it rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Shape the dough into small balls and place them on a greased baking sheet. Let them rise for another 20-30 minutes.
- Bake the bread for 15-20 minutes, or until it’s golden brown.
- While the bread is baking, make the glaze by combining 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1-2 tablespoons of milk, and a few drops of food coloring.
- Once the bread is done, let it cool for a few minutes before drizzling the glaze over the top. Add sprinkles if desired.
Where Can I Buy Ojo de Buey Pan Dulce?
If you don’t feel like making ojo de buey pan dulce yourself, you can always buy it at a local Mexican bakery. Many bakeries carry a variety of sweet breads, including ojo de buey. You can also try looking for it at a Latino grocery store or online.
Ojo de buey pan dulce is a delicious sweet treat that’s perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth. Whether you make it yourself or buy it at a local bakery, be sure to give it a try! With its colorful sprinkles and sugary glaze, ojo de buey pan dulce is sure to become one of your new favorite treats.